If you receive Social Security benefits or have Medicare, you can use a mySocial Security online account to:
1. Get your benefit verification letter;
2. Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record;
3. Change your address and phone number; and
4.Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment.
If you do not receive benefits, you can use a mySocial Security online account to:
A) Get yourSocial Security Statement to review:
1) Estimates of your future retirement, disability, and survivors benefits;
2) Your earnings once a year to verify the amounts we posted are correct and see the estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid.
B) Get a benefit verification letter stating that:
1) You never received Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicare; or
2) You received benefits in the past, but do not currently receive them or
3) You applied for benefits but haven’t received an answer yet.
Get your free personal online my Social Security account today! http://www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount/