Internet Replacement SSN And My Social Security

my Social Security  is a secure online hub for doing business with Social Security, and 25 million people have created an account.

Current Social Security beneficiaries can manage their account including address and direct deposit changes. They can also obtain a benefit verification letter and request a replacement SSA-1099. Medicare beneficiaries can request a replacement Medicare card without waiting for a replacement form in the mail.

People not yet receiving benefits can verify their earnings history and obtain estimates of future benefits by looking at their Social Security Statement online.

Have you created your personal, pin and password protected, my Social Security account yet?

Now there is another reason for you to do so.

Available online services available through the my Social Security portal are being expanded to include many replacement Social Security number (SSN) card requests. This will allow people to replace their SSN card from the comfort of their home or office, without the need to travel to a Social Security office. This is to replace your SSN card, not to change your name on the card.

The agency is conducting a gradual roll out of this service. To date, eleven states plus the District of Columbia, have this option.

Throughout 2016, the agency will continue to expand the service option to other states and plans to offer this to half of the nation’s population by the end of the year. This service will mean shorter wait times for the public in the more than 1,200 Social Security offices across the country and allows staff more time to work with customers who have extensive service needs.

You can use your my Social Security account to apply for a replacement Social Security card online if you:

  1. Are a U.S. citizen age 18 or older with a U.S. mailing address (this includes APO, FPO, and DPO addresses);
  2. Are not requesting a name change or any other change to your card; and
  3. Have a valid driver’s license or a state-issued identification card from one of the following:

District of Columbia (driver’s license only);

Idaho (driver’s license only);






New Mexico;

North Dakota (driver’s license only);

Pennsylvania (driver’s license only);

Washington; or

Wisconsin (driver’s license only)

For more information about this new online service, visit .