Form 1099 For Tax Year 2013

Q:  I started receiving Social Security benefits last year. Will I receive a statement of 2013 benefits for tax purposes?

A: Yes, you will. People receiving Social Security benefits in 2013 will automatically receive this information (Forms SSA-1099 or 1042S) on or before January 31, 2014.

You do not need to request this. Forms are automatically mailed to your address as shown on your Social Security benefit record. 

Tax year 2013 replacement forms SSA-1099 or 1042S will be available after February 1. 

Have you changed your mailing address? Update your mailing address by calling the national Social Security toll-free telephone number, 1-800-772-1213 or TTY 1-800-325-0778.

If registered for a my Social Security account, you can change your Social Security address online when convenient for you.