Need A Replacement SSA-1099 For 2011? Easily Done Online.

Do you need to replace your SSA-1099 for tax year 2011? 

At your convenience, request a replacement SSA-1099 online at   

Start at the “Top Services” section of the homepage.  Go to “services for people already receiving benefits”, then to “Get a Form 1099”and follow the simple instructions. 

The replacement SSA-1099 will arrive at your address on file with Social Security in about 10 days.  If you recently changed your mailing address, request the form by calling the Social Security national toll-free number, 800-772-1213 (TTY 800-325-0778).  Report your new mailing address and request a replacement Form 1099 at the same time. 

If needed, at “services for people already receiving benefits” you can also request a replacement Medicare card or a letter to verify the amount of your Social Security benefit. 

If you are not computer comfortable, all these services are available by calling the Social Security national toll-free number, 800-772-1213 (TTY 800-325-0778) or your local office.  

About one-third of people who get Social Security have to pay federal taxes on their benefits. Generally, you have to pay federal taxes on part of your SSA benefits if you file a federal tax return as an individual and your total income is more than $25,000. If filing a joint return, you have to pay these taxes if you and your spouse have a total income that is more than $32,000. If paying income tax on your Social Security benefits, you might pay tax on up to either up to 50 percent or up to 85 percent of your SSA.  Based on IRS rules, no one pays income tax on all of their SSA benefits. 

See for more about taxation of SSA benefits. SSA employees cannot provide tax advice.